Following the Government’s announcement that Nottingham and Nottinghamshire will enter tier 4 restrictions from midnight on 30th December 2020, all Monday night club runs and Tuesday track sessions are cancelled until the restrictions ease.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support of club nights throughout the pandemic, and we’ll be back running together soon! 👍
Please find the tier 4 rules for running from England Athletics here.
EA have produced a helpful flow chart to show what you should do if you attend training and then come down with Covid symptoms/ have a positive Covid test/ are asked to self isolate by NHS Track and Trace.
Please take a few minutes to have a look.
You should be able to get to it from the link below or from the training page.
Thanks again to all of you who attended our virtual AGM. Here are the minutes of the meeting and the reports which were presented on the night. If you have any queries, please let us know at email@example.com.
2020 AGM Minutes
Chair report 2020
Treasurer’s report 2019-20
Events Sec 2019-20
Thanks to all of you who joined us for our first virtual AGM. In the end we had over 100 members present and we were able to make the constitution change that will allow us to to conduct the usual business of an AGM with a smaller quorum, whilst keeping the safeguard of 20% of members having to be present to make changes to the constitution.
We were able to confer life membership on three members who have made outstanding contributions to the club over many years, Sandy Poole, Derek Poole and Glyn Sawford.
We elected a new ladies captain, Janet Aktinson, and we welcome Mark Rose as our new treasurer and Matthew Grainge to the new committee. We thank William Scott for his years of service as treasurer, Jean Inglis for her legendary levels of commitment as ladies team captain and Kev Ford, who has also stepped down.
There’s no racing at the moment, but several members managed to set new records before lockdown since our last update late last year. There update features new records on road and track in both the mens and womens categories. There’s a new all-time club record in the half marathon for Dan Bagley and several inaugural records in categories which haven’t been run by members before.
We’re planning to hold our AGM via Zoom at 8.15 on Thursday 18th June. Save the date, more details will be sent out in Running Free next month and via email.
In these strange and worrying times where races are cancelled and even social runs are a big no no, our friends at RAC have shared a great idea that will boost morale and be FUN!
Come and join us in the CoViD-19 HP Virtual Relay! Register HERE
HOW IT WORKS:
There are 2 teams – Odds and Evens. Your year of birth dictates which team you are in. For example, if you’re born in 1980, you are an “Even”. You get the idea? The relay kicks off on Sunday 22/03/20 (hopefully) with a random name picker app selecting the first 2 runners. …We may nominate 2 captains or may not!
Where can you run (or jog, skip, walk, hop if you’re injured!) I hear you ask?… anywhere – if you can do it outside – great! If not – on a treadmill (not in a public gym!), around your backyard, your living room, up and down the stairs – whatever is possible for you!
The relay will continue until the virus ends or we get bored. At that point, The winning team will be the one with most distance covered.
- The first runners for each team will be selected by a random name selector (already done). If you are picked, please confirm that you can run that day. Don’t worry if you can’t, you’ll get another chance and you can just select the next runner in your team from the google sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ENc3nIVkcImF1HAwBjkm0aAjcT-i0-6FoOKC_XYVYU/edit?usp=sharing.
- Each runner runs for 19 minutes (aka a “Hardcastle”) and records the distance covered – via Strava, GPS or “old skool” (OS map and a piece of cotton).
- Each runner MUST carry a baton. The sillier, the better. There probably will or will not be prizes…
- Once a runner completes their run, they must post pictures of themselves and their baton plus the distance covered on Facebook (or email Lisachan@live.com, who will post it) then update their time in the google sheet (in step 1) and also nominate some one on the same team from the sheet – if they don’t nominate someone, Lisa can use the random name picker to select the next runner.
- The team that has covered the most ground at the end of the challenge, wins the much-coveted Covid-19 trophy!
- In the event of a draw, no one will care.
- Each team must include athletes of all ages, genders and haircuts.
- Each team can “play their joker”. That runner gets double distance!
- Daftness is encouraged.
- It is a competition, but no one cares who wins.
- Expect the rules to change mid-relay.
Following the announcement about the next stage in the government’s Covid-19 response, all HPRC group activities – including the club and track nights – are suspended until further notice.
England Athletics have also advised that all face-to-face activity such as club training sessions, events, competitions, club committee and face-to-face meetings, athlete camps, running groups and social events should be suspended until at least the end of May.
EA’s latest updates can be accessed any time using www.englandathletics.org/coronavirus
Notts AAA Summer League Race #1 at Hexgreave has been cancelled.
The Grand Prix has now been cancelled, we’ll review events as guidance changes and as they approach in the calendar.
Further updates will appear on the club Facebook page and in future e-mails.
We proved on Sunday that we’re a club of mudlarks if nothing else, taking three of the top 4 places in the men’s race and two of the top 10 in the ladies, on the way to sweeping to victory in three of the four senior and vets categories, our ladies vets taking a second place. Oli Matharu led the men’s field home followed by Phil Nind and Hannah Sampson took second in the ladies race.
That’s left us in good shape for the series, as we now lead the senior men’s category and are tied at the top in the vet men’s, senior ladies and vet ladies. So there’s all to play for when we resume in February.
Holme Pierrepont Results
Overall After 2 races
Don’t forget the our annual dinner is on 25th January 2020 at the new town friendly venue of Alea Casino (108 Upper Parliament St, Nottingham NG1 6LF)
It’s a smashing event and is great for new members to get to know existing members and for everyone to have a good old catch up! For more details check out the SOCIAL EVENTS link at the top of the page.
Also, don’t forget to let us know your menu choice if you’ve already paid by filling in the google forms HERE