Fell Race Championship 2019
The twelve races in the 2019 HPRC Fell Championship are:
- Wolf’s pit Sunday 17 March – cat AS (5.6 miles and 1476 feet). This is the Notts county champs fell race.
- Wirksworth Incline – Sunday 21 April 11am – cat CS (4 miles and 682 feet). This is an ideal beginners Fell race. Not too far to travel and not too long so no likelihood of getting lost or needing to map read! Location:- DE4 4FY
- Burbage Skyline – Tuesday 7th May 7.30pm – cat BS (5.7 miles and 984 feet). ** Note this race requires pre-entry. There is no entry on the night. Location:- near Hathersage
- Calver Peak – Wednesday 5th June 7.30pm – cat BS (5 miles and 900 feet). Another great run for those new to Fell running. Location:- Calver
- Passing Clouds – Sunday 9 June 11am – cat BM (9.8 miles and 1854 feet). Location:- ST13 8SW
- Chrome Hill – Saturday 29th June 2pm – cat BS (4 miles and 699 feet). Also suitable for those wanting to try out a Fell race. It’s short but steep, and I can’t even promise you won’t get lost (as proven by Hannah Sampson and myself last year). It’s also the 2nd in the series of County Champs Fell races. Location:- SK17 0RH
- Holme Moss – Sunday 21 July 11am – cat AL (17.7 miles and 4314 feet). A long Fell race counter and a challenging one being a category A race. Weather should be better though! Location:- HD9 2TU
- Crowden Horseshoes – Sunday 18 August 11am – cat BM (8 miles and 1699 feet). location:- near Woodhead
- Barrow – Monday 26 August 2pm – cat AS (4 miles and 1427 feet). A change of location to the Lake District! This is part of the Keswick show. Worth looking at making a weekend trip of it?
- Longshaw Sheepdog – Saturday 31 August 10.30am – cat BS (5.3 miles and 1050 feet). Another perfect starter fell race for anyone who wants to try it out. Also the 3rd and final fell race in the County Champs series. Location:- Longshaw barns
- Andy Haywood Memorial Windgatherer – Sunday 13 October 11am – cat BL (13.5 miles and 2500 feet). The second long Fell race of this year’s champs. Definitely one for which FRA mandatory kit WILL be required to be carried around. Location:- Buxton
- The Roaches – Sunday 10 November 10.30am – cat BL (15 miles and 3701 feet). A pretty route along The Staffordshire Not the easiest route if the weather is tricky so not recommended for first timers. A smelly farmers yard of slurry awaits at the finish..what’s more to want?! Location:- Near Leek
Take a look at the Fell Runners Association site calendar for full details of each race.
You should also be prepared to carry the full mandatory kit if required.
- Full Body Cover; waterproof cagoule with hood, FULL length waterproof bottoms, with taped seams
- Map of the course
There is a separate championship for men and women.
The first club finisher in each race will receive 4 points, the second finisher 3 points and the third finisher 2 points. All other finishers will receive 1 point.
The best 8 races for each member will count towards the total score.
In the event of a points tie the longer races will score higher.
- 2018 Oliver Matharu / Ann Gould
- 2017 David Greenwood / Amanda Hibbert
- 2016 Ant Squire / Gina Granger
- 2015 Matthew Grainge / Ann Gould
- 2014 Howard Partridge / Gina Granger
- 2013 Matthew Grainge / Arwen Makin
- 2012 William Scott
- 2011 Mark Salkild / Christine Heaton
- 2010 Matt Lewis / Mary Mills
- 2009 Graham Moffatt / Mary Mills
- 2008 Steve Shanks / Mary Mills
- 2007 Graham Moffatt
- 2006 Stewart Gregory / Mary Mills
- 2005 Stewart Gregory / Mary Mills
- 2004 Stewart Gregory / Lorraine Butterfield
Notts Fell Champs 2019
Individual – best 2 results from 3 races
Team champs race 3 only
1. Wolf’s Pit 17/3/19
2. Chrome Hill 29/6/19
3. Longshaw Sheepdog trials 31/8/19
See the Notts AAA Fell Running page for more details.